Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Little Valentines

I love Valentine's Day - as I've said before, I think it's the burst of red in the bleak winter that makes me love it so much. I've been making some Valentines crafts for the young women I work with at church, and per the request of a commenter on a previous post, I thought I'd share some of the little things I've been making.

I think basically all of these are ideas I got from Pinterest - so don't even bother calling me creative. I mean, unless you insist. Oh, and most of them involve googly eyes, of course.

1. Supplies: one inch punch, one inch googly eyes, card stock, sharpie, colored paper, glue, and scissors: 

outside

inside

another inside option

2. "Love Bugs" - I sold a bunch of these at the farmers market on Saturday to girls between the ages of 6 and 12. They were CRAZY for them. A huge hit with the little kid crowd. And me. I love them - they are just cheerful!

Supplies: yarn to make into pom poms, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, heart stickers (JoAnns), hot glue.


Just be careful because puppies love them too.....


Then this happens:


And that's no good! Make extra love bugs just in case this happens. No one should be this sad on Valentine's Day.

3. Arrows and ribbons - these are easy! Supplies: sticks (JoAnns in the wood supplies section), hot glue, paper, scissors, washi tape, cupcake liners. (I just realized I'm really not telling you how to do it - but that's because you're smart and I know you can figure it out!)




Oh, and you can't forget cookies - sugar is the thing that makes you forget you're alone on Valentine's Day.



So there you go. I hope that helps you out this week. Just whatever you do, don't sign your Valentine cards with the word "from."


Love,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

violet50 said...

I always use "from", otherwise they might just think I'm the designer of the card. :) [like I design cards]. I love the crafts, especially the edible ones. Great job, as always!