Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday Thoughts

This Friday is the 4th of July! Our Independence Day in the US. When I think of people who love America, Ron Swanson is one of the first people that come to mind. He's a fictional character from one of the best shows on tv, Parks and Rec. He loves America, but he hates the government, which is ironic because he's a government employee. He's a libertarian, a red meat lover (when asked if he wanted salad, he responded, "since I am not a rabbit, no I do not."), a carpenter, and has one of the best mustaches since Magnum PI.


Here are some of my favorite Ron Swanson quotes about America (the opinions expressed here don't necessarily reflect the opinions of this blogger):

"The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that's beautiful."

"America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other 'cultures', use an atlas or a ham radio."

"Crying: acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon."

"Cursing: there is only bad word. Taxes."

"I like Tom. He doesn't do a lot of work around here. He shows zero initiative. He's not a team player. He's never wanted to go that extra mile. Tom is exactly what I'm looking for in a government employee."

 “The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer’s teat until they have sore, chapped nipples.”

 “Child labor laws are ruining this country.”

“When I walked in this morning I saw that the flag was at half mast, I though, ‘All right, another bureaucrat ate it!’ And then I saw it was Lil’ Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.” (Li'l Sebastian is a miniature horse.) 

Bonus Li'l Sebastian quote: "I have cried twice in my life. Once when I was seven and I was hit by a school bus. And then again when I heard that Li’l Sebastian had passed."



(His museum speech) “Shut up. And look at me. Welcome to Visions of Nature. This room has several paintings in it. Some are big and some are small. People did them and they are here now. I believe after this is over they will be hung in government buildings. Why the government is involved in an art show is beyond me. I also think it’s pointless for a human to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it.”  
 
"This is my favorite part about having a new city manager. They always try to shake things up and their ideas are terrible and it brings city hall to a grinding halt. I just grab a few donuts, sit back, and enjoy the show."
 
 
Happy Wednesday and happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I love Ron Swanson so much!!!! I think he's my favorite TV show character of all time. He's just the best! 'Merica.

Jesse Davis said...

MERRRRICAAAAAAA!

I do share the opinions of Mister Swanson.