But as I tried to write it, I couldn't get into it. Don't get me wrong, your questions were great. It's not you, it's me. I'll have to get to that post another day.
I thought instead, I would talk a little about birthdays in general. Even though I'm of a certain age, I still love celebrating birthdays. And not just mine; yours too. Birthdays are fun! They give us a chance to focus on one person and tell them how much we love them (cough*hint*cough)!
And for us single folks, they're kind of all we have. And they're not always good for us either because they tend to send the message: "yes you're single, but don't worry because you're also a year older." It's not a good message. So I try to make birthdays special. I don't have an anniversary, and no one spoils me on Valentine's Day so birthdays are it. (I feel like I should add "so get off my back." I don't know why I feel so defensive about this all of the a sudden!)
Here is my guide to how to best enjoy your birthday!
Things you should do on your birthday:
- Eat whatever the heck you want. No one's going to stop you.
- Tweet Ryan Gosling and tell him it's your birthday! Beg him to wish you a happy birthday.
- Tell your crush you dig them. I mean, come on, what are they going to do? Tell you they don't feel the same way!? It's your birthday, for crying out loud!
- Ask people to guess your age. It's your birthday - they'll be nice.
- Get all the free stuff you can get.
Things you should not do on your birthday:
- Go to the gynecologist (I did this once. Huge mistake.)
- Contact an ex and ask him/her why he/she hasn't wished you happy birthday yet.
- Think about what your mom/grandma were doing (how many kids they had) at your age.
- Calculate weight watchers points.
- Ask people to guess your age (what if they guess UP!?)
- Think about the fact that you're the same age as Justin Bieber's mother (I'm not, but some of you are. Sorry - truth hurts).
What's your favorite thing to do on your birthday? What's the worst thing to do on your birthday?